Research Project Staffs
Dr. S Hari Charan Cherukuri (Research Associate)
PhD: Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT), Vellore, 2019
Research Interests: Energy management in grid interactive micro grids, Electric springs and Demand Side Management, Home Energy Management, Application of optimization techniques to power system problems.
Dr. Bablesh Kumar Jha (Research Associate)
PhD: Indian Institute of Technology (BHU), Varanasi, 2019
Research Interests: Distribution System Operation and Planning, Demand Side Management, P2P Energy Trading, Integration of Electric Vehicles in Distribution System, Power System Optimization
Ravindra B. Kuhada (JRF)
MTech: L. E. College Morbi, GTU
Research Interests: Grid Integration of Renewable Energy, Power electronic interface for non conventional sources, Coordination and control of Smart Grid, Power Quality, Solar powered electric vehicle.
MTech: Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad
Research Interests: Short-term wind power forecasting, Grid integration of wind energy and battery energy storage system, Wind energy trading in Indian electricity market
Poornachandratejasvi Laxman Bhattar
MTech: Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore
Research Interests: Coordination and control of smart grids, smart grid security and vulnerability assessment, co-simulation platform for smart grid.
Sachinkumar B Suthar
MTech: Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar
Research Interests: Peer-to-peer energy trading, Blockchain technology, Impacts of EV on grid, Microgrid Control, Applications of power electronics.
MTech: Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal
Research Interests: Auto Demand response, Modelling and control of AC, Battery energy storage system and Lighting system, smart grid technology.
BTech: L D College of Engineering, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Research Interests: Energy management of cooling systems, Optimization techniques, Smart grid communication, Machine learning for data-driven smart grid applications.
Satish Kumar Singh
BTech: Muzaffarpur Institute of Technology, Muzaffarpur
Research Interests: Smart grid technology, P2P energy trading, distributed optimization and forecasting.
Dr. P Bala Sai Kiran (Software Engineering Specialist at GE Digital, Hydrabad) || Thesis – Development of Energy Management Frameworks for DER Integration in Distribution Networks, February 2021
Dr. Batchu Rajasekhar (Digital Solution Applications (DSA) Power System and Controls Modeler at GE, Hydrabad) || Thesis – Distributed Demand Response in Smart Grid: A Game-Theoretic and Machine Learning Approach, June 2020
Dr. Kalpesh A. Joshi (Post-doctoral Researcher at University of Saskatchewan, Canada) || Thesis – Analysis and Optimization of Distribution Networks with PV Generation and Battery Energy Storage System, Dec 2016
- Anandsingh Chauhan (Joined TCS as a System Engineer) || Thesis – Peer to Peer Energy Trading Platform: Hardware and Software Integration, 2020 [Received the POSOCO Power System Award-2021]
- Sachinkumar B Suthar (pursuing PhD at IIT Gandhinagar) || Thesis – Optimal Operation of Grid-Tied Solar PV and Battery Energy Storage System: A Case Study, 2019
- Payal V Dahiwale (pursuing PhD at IIT Bombay) || Thesis- Fault Management Scheme for DC Microgrid, 2019
- Vishal Kushwaha (pursuing PhD at IISC Bangalore) || Thesis- Comparative Study of Forecast Models for Very Short-Term Solar Photovoltaic Power Generation Forecasting, 2018
- Biswajeet Rout (working as a Field Application Engineer at OPAL-RT, India) || Thesis- Analysis of Distribution Network with Solar PV and Electric Vehicle Integration, 2018
- Shweta Dahale (pursuing PhD at Kansas State University, USA) || Thesis- Adaptive Droop Control Strategy using Fuzzy Logic in DC Microgrid, 2018
- Dhanapala Prudhviraj (working as Post-graduation Engineer Trainee, L&T, Chennai) || Thesis- Energy Management of AC Microgrid: Deterministic and Stochastic Framework, 2018
- Balveer Singh (with Banas Dairy, Gujarat) || Thesis- Impact assessment of distributed solar PV integration in Low voltage unbalanced distribution network: A case study, 2018
- G. Rakesh (Scientific Officer – C at Kudankulam Nuclear power project, NPCIL, India) || Thesis- Simulation and experimental study of bidirectional AC-DC converter for hybrid microgrid application, 2016
- Puchalapalli Sambasivaiah (pursuing PhD at IIT Delhi) || Thesis- Harmonics assessment of domestic and commercial loads and evaluation of control techniques for shunt active power filter, 2016 [Received the Director’s Gold Medal in MTech Electrical Engineering (2016)].
- Arun Nair (project engineer at Al Mostajed Technologies Co. LLC, UAE) || Thesis- Demand Response Algorithm Incorporating Electricity Market Prices for Residential Energy Management, 2014
- Rohith Varier (Senior Executive Engineer at Siemens, Mumbai) || Thesis- A Novel Active Anti-Islanding Protection Scheme for Grid-Interactive Roof-Top Solar PV Systems, 2014
- Sreejith R. (pursuing PhD at IIT Delhi) || Thesis- Finite Control Set MPC based Distribution Static Synchronous Compensator (DSTATCOM) for Load Compensation, 2014
- Rahul Anand Kaushik (Engineer, Asset Management at Powergrid Corporation of India Ltd (PGCIL), India) || Thesis- Power Flow Management in Hybrid AC-DC Microgrid using Master-Slave Control Technique, 2014
- Gaurav Kumar (Assistant Electrical Engineer, North Bihar power distribution company) || Thesis – Outage Management System for Power Distribution System, 2014
- Sherry Jain , Thesis – Least Distance Predictor Model for Short Term Load Forecasting, 2014
- Aparna Tumkur , 2019 (Pursuing MS at Stanford University, USA)
- Tejas Mehta , 2019 (Pursuing MS at Carnegie Mellon University, USA)