Research Project Staffs
Dr. Shivashankar Sukumar (Postdoc Fellow)
PhD: University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, 2017
Research Interests: Demand response and active customers, Data-driven AC load modeling and control, Optimization theory and applications to smart grid issues.
Dr. Joice G Philip (Research Associate)
PhD: Indian Institute of Technology Indore, 2019
Research Interests: Oscillation monitoring in power system, Phasor Measurement Unit (PMU) based Wide Area Measurement Systems (WAMS), Power system stability, Smart Grid
Dr. S Hari Charan Cherukuri (Research Associate)
PhD: Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT), Vellore, 2019
Research Interests: Energy management in grid interactive micro grids, Electric springs and Demand Side Management, Home Energy Management, Application of optimization techniques to power system problems.
Ravindra B. Kuhada (JRF)
MTech: L. E. College Morbi, GTU
Research Interests: Grid Integration of Renewable Energy, Power electronic interface for non conventional sources, Coordination and control of Smart Grid, Power Quality, Solar powered electric vehicle.
Vishal M. Kachhad (JRF)
MTech: Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat
Research Interests: Power system protection, HVDC, Transient stability analysis, micro grid, Energy monitoring and management, Distribution system
Jayant Mahavar (JRF)
MTech: Indian Institute of Information Technology Vadodara
Research Interests: Pattern Recognition, Data Analytics, Image and Video Analysis, Theoretical Computer Science system
MTech: Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad
Research Interests: Short-term wind power forecasting, Grid integration of wind energy and battery energy storage system, Wind energy trading in Indian electricity market
Poornachandratejasvi Laxman Bhattar
MTech: Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore
Research Interests: Coordination and control of smart grids, smart grid security and vulnerability assessment, co-simulation platform for smart grid.
MTech: Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal
Research Interests: Auto Demand response, Modelling and control of AC, Battery energy storage system and Lighting system, smart grid technology.
BTech: L D College of Engineering, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Research Interests: Energy management of cooling systems, Optimization techniques, Smart grid communication, Machine learning for data-driven smart grid applications.
Satish Kumar Singh
BTech: Muzaffarpur Institute of Technology, Muzaffarpur
Research Interests: Smart grid technology, P2P energy trading, distributed optimization and forecasting.
Dr. Batchu Rajasekhar (Digital Solution Applications (DSA) Power System and Controls Modeler at GE, Hydrabad) || Thesis – Distributed Demand Response in Smart Grid: A Game-Theoretic and Machine Learning Approach, June 2020
Dr. Kalpesh A. Joshi (Post-doctoral Researcher at University of Saskatchewan, Canada) || Thesis – Analysis and Optimization of Distribution Networks with PV Generation and Battery Energy Storage System, Dec 2016
- Anandsingh Chauhan (Joined TCS as a System Engineer) || Thesis – Peer to Peer Energy Trading Platform: Hardware and Software Integration, 2020
- Sachinkumar B Suthar (pursuing PhD at IIT Gandhinagar) || Thesis – Optimal Operation of Grid-Tied Solar PV and Battery Energy Storage System: A Case Study, 2019
- Payal V Dahiwale (pursuing PhD at IIT Bombay) || Thesis- Fault Management Scheme for DC Microgrid, 2019
- Vishal Kushwaha (pursuing PhD at IISC Bangalore) || Thesis- Comparative Study of Forecast Models for Very Short-Term Solar Photovoltaic Power Generation Forecasting, 2018
- Biswajeet Rout (working as a Field Application Engineer at OPAL-RT, India) || Thesis- Analysis of Distribution Network with Solar PV and Electric Vehicle Integration, 2018
- Shweta Dahale (pursuing PhD at Kansas State University, USA) || Thesis- Adaptive Droop Control Strategy using Fuzzy Logic in DC Microgrid, 2018
- Dhanapala Prudhviraj (working as Post-graduation Engineer Trainee, L&T, Chennai) || Thesis- Energy Management of AC Microgrid: Deterministic and Stochastic Framework, 2018
- Balveer Singh (with Banas Dairy, Gujarat) || Thesis- Impact assessment of distributed solar PV integration in Low voltage unbalanced distribution network: A case study, 2018
- G. Rakesh (Scientific Officer – C at Kudankulam Nuclear power project, NPCIL, India) || Thesis- Simulation and experimental study of bidirectional AC-DC converter for hybrid microgrid application, 2016
- Puchalapalli Sambasivaiah (pursuing PhD at IIT Delhi) || Thesis- Harmonics assessment of domestic and commercial loads and evaluation of control techniques for shunt active power filter, 2016 [Received the Director’s Gold Medal in MTech Electrical Engineering (2016)].
- Arun Nair (project engineer at Al Mostajed Technologies Co. LLC, UAE) || Thesis- Demand Response Algorithm Incorporating Electricity Market Prices for Residential Energy Management, 2014
- Rohith Varier (Senior Executive Engineer at Siemens, Mumbai) || Thesis- A Novel Active Anti-Islanding Protection Scheme for Grid-Interactive Roof-Top Solar PV Systems, 2014
- Sreejith R. (pursuing PhD at IIT Delhi) || Thesis- Finite Control Set MPC based Distribution Static Synchronous Compensator (DSTATCOM) for Load Compensation, 2014
- Rahul Anand Kaushik (Engineer, Asset Management at Powergrid Corporation of India Ltd (PGCIL), India) || Thesis- Power Flow Management in Hybrid AC-DC Microgrid using Master-Slave Control Technique, 2014
- Gaurav Kumar (Assistant Electrical Engineer, North Bihar power distribution company) || Thesis – Outage Management System for Power Distribution System, 2014
- Sherry Jain , Thesis – Least Distance Predictor Model for Short Term Load Forecasting, 2014
- Aparna Tumkur , 2019 (Pursuing MS at Stanford University, USA)
- Tejas Mehta , 2019 (Pursuing MS at Carnegie Mellon University, USA)