Associate Professor, Electrical Engineering
Office: Academic Block 6/209 | Power Systems and Smart Grid Lab
Address: Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar
Palaj, Gandhinagar-382355, GUJARAT
- Power Systems and Electricity Market
- Smart Distribution Grid and Renewable Energy Integration
- Demand Side Energy Management
- Associate Professor (April 2018– Till date), Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar
- Assistant Professor (Nov. 2010 – April 2018), Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar
- Research Fellow (Jan. 2010 – Nov. 2010), Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Sr. Project Engineer (Oct. 2009 – Dec. 2009), Department of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
Professional Affiliations and Services
- Associate Editor, IET Smart Grid
- Member of Editorial Board, International Trans. on Electrical Energy Systems
- Member of Editorial Board, Journal of Control Engineering Practices
- Senior member of the IEEE and member of IEEE PES
- Member of the Institution of Engineers (India)
- Fellow, The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur.
- M.E., Electrical Engineering, M.S. University of Baroda, Gujarat.
- B.E., Electrical Engineering, Gujarat University, Gujarat.
DST-UKIERI workshop on “Design, Optimization and Data-driven Applications of Smart Energy System” at IIT Gandhinagar on February 18-19, 2019
Research grant awarded by DST under MI-India Funding opportunity announcement (FOA): Smart Grids – “Development of a Prosumer Driven Integrated SMART Grid”, (2018-2021)
Indo-German Science and Technology Council (IGSTC) project on ECO-WET – Efficient coupling of – water and energy technologies for smart sustainable cities, 2018-2021
DST-UKIERI Project: Data-Driven Intelligent Energy Management for Environmentally Sustainable Energy Access, 2017-2020
Awarded IEEE Power & Energy Society (PES) Gujarat chapter Outstanding Engineer award to recognize the research contribution in power systems and smart distribution grid (2017).
Awarded the Building Energy Efficiency Higher & Advanced Network (BHAVAN) Fellowship by India-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) in 2016.